Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress Reportedly Returned to Los Angeles Hotel
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- VIDEO: Would Host Chris Harrison Ever Be The Bachelor?
- Bobbi Kristina Brown: What The Latest Medical Developments Really Mean
- Couple Married 67 Years Die Together Holding Hands
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 11, 2000
- Vol. 54
- No. 25
A Beau for Buffy
When Not Driving Stakes Through Undead Hearts, TV's Vampire Slayer Opens Hers to Marc Blucas
But earnest—just the trait Buffy creator Joss Whedon was seeking in Buffy's new beau. "He has that 'Aw shucks' thing, with a slyness behind it," says Whedon, who gave Blucas another shot two weeks later, then hired him.
It's no act. "I've never had a drop of alcohol," says Blucas, one of two children of a school superintendent and an education administrator, now divorced, from Girard, Pa. "And I'm close to my parents. I think I sat in my mom's lap till I was 17!"
By then the 6'2" Blucas was already a star center on his high school basketball team. That led to a scholarship to Wake Forest University, where he played in four NCAA tournaments. When the NBA didn't come calling, he joined the Manchester (England) Giants for a year. But after landing a bit part as a hoopster in the 1996 film Eddie, he says, 'I caught the bug." Now living in L.A., the 28-year-old bachelor likes his new assignment, especially the physical work, which often entails taking on five vampires at a time—sorta like basketball, about which Blucas has no regrets. "I believe things happen for a reason," he says. "I thought acting would be a hobby. I never thought I would make it a career."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!