Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Patton Oswalt Issues 53-Tweet Defense of New Daily Show Host Trevor Noah
- Read the Cover Story: Avril Lavigne Opens Up About Her Secret Health Crisis
- Jeremy Renner to Share Custody of His Daughter in Divorce Settlement
- Kim Kardashian Adds a Non-Family Member to Her Mobile Game (Plus, "The Dress" Lands in Her Virtual Closet)
- New Yorkers Rush to Help Mom of 3 Whose Apartment Was Destroyed in Fire
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 29, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 4
A Fall Lands Ronald Reagan in the Same Hospital as His Cancer-Stricken Daughter
Sadly, Reagan was not the only family member checked in at St. John's. For more than a month, Maureen Reagan, 60, his daughter with first wife Jane Wyman, had been receiving chemotherapy for malignant melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer. Constantly with her have been her husband, Sacramento public relations executive Dennis Revell, 48, and their daughter, Rita, 14.
When Nancy, a frequent visitor, told Maureen her father was at the same hospital, "it was a shock," says Revell. Though too ill to see her father, Maureen was inspired by word of his rapid recovery to stand up from her bed. "They are both fighters and will hopefully make strong recoveries," says Nancy, 79.
Friends say that of Reagan's four children Maureen remains closest to her father, working for Alzheimer's groups and, until her illness, traveling from her home in northern California to visit him two or three times a month. She also shows flashes of the elder Reagan's disarming wit, as she did last October when one of her doctors interrupted a formal dinner to come to her bedside garbed in a tux. "I don't know much about this hospital," she joked, "but I sure like the dress code."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!