Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Refugee Killed by California Police Allegedly Drew Vape Device During 'Mental Emergency'
- Final Five Reunite for Glam Appearance at U.S. Olympic Committee Awards Show
- Lady Gaga Confirms She's Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl's Halftime Show: 'It's Not an Illusion'!
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 12, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 6
Ready for Scent of a Diaper? Beverly D'Angelo Makes Al, at 60, the Father of Twins
So are Pacino, 60, and actress D'Angelo, a couple since 1997. While the never-wed Pacino has a daughter, Julie, 11, from a relationship with acting teacher Jan Tarrant, 46, the children are the first for D'Angelo, who separated from Italian duke Lorenzo Salviati in 1984 after three years of marriage; the couple didn't divorce until 1995. "Al has been wanting a son for so long," says Sal's wife, Katherine Kovin-Pacino, 48. (Al's mother, Rose, died in 1962.) "Beverly is going to make a wonderful mom. She is the best thing that ever happened to Al."
Giving birth at 49 was no snap for D'Angelo, especially when she had pre-labor contractions toward the end of her pregnancy. Friend Chevy Chase, her husband in the National Lampoon's Vacation comedies, says, "Because she's not a young mother, she was a little nervous." But D'Angelo held out well past her Jan. 8 due date, says Kovin-Pacino. "She was very uncomfortable at the end, but she came through like a trouper."
The new parents—D'Angelo lives solo in L.A. but often spends time at Pacino's house outside New York City—have been ducking calls. "They really want time on their own," says Kovin-Pacino. Chase jokes that the twins should have been named after the kids in the Lampoon movies: "I was hoping I she'd name them Rusty and Audrey."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!