Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Amy Schumer Posts Sweet Snap with Boyfriend Ben Hanisch at the Met Gala
- Read the Cover Story: Prince Harry: Finding My Purpose
- 6 of the Coolest, Craziest Wedding Photo Trends Right Now
- WATCH: Underground Star Aldis Hodge on Tom Cruise's Work Ethic: 'I Don't Think He Ever Sleeps'
- From Taylor Swift to Miley Cyrus, Why Does Every Pop Diva Love to Wear this Onesie?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 19, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 7
Huntsville Prison's Convict-Chef Brian Price Prides Himself on Giving Condemned Inmates a Tasty Final Meal
Price had already been working in the prison kitchen when he volunteered for the position—a job most inmates rejected. "It kinda spooked them," says Price who, when he began, had nightmares about being put to death himself. Since then the twice-divorced father of a 28-year-old daughter has had to use plenty of culinary creativity. Because Price must make do with supplies on hand, an inmate who wants steak, say, gets Salisbury. Those who ask for McDonald's—a cheeseburger with fries is the most often requested meal—receive gussied-up ground beef. "I always put my heart into it," says Price. "And I say a prayer for the man about to die."
During his years on the job, Price has come up with a cookbook's worth of recipes he hopes to publish including his signature dish—Old Sparky's Genuine Convict Chili. He also hopes to be released after a parole hearing this spring, although his mother, Floy Price, 79, jokes, "We're beginning to think they don't want to see him go." Has he thought about his first meal on the outside? "Fried shrimp with tartar sauce," he declares. "As much as I can eat!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!