Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Christina Aguilera on Voice Winner Alisan Porter: 'She's the Essence of Poise and Presence'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Read PEOPLE's Original 2006 Story on the Sex Abuse Allegations Against Bill Cosby
- Questlove Defends Madonna's Prince Tribute After BET and Fans Throw Shade
- Chelsea Handler Makes Her Mark on Elizabeth Arden, Ashley Graham Creates Nail Polish Shades and More Glam Beauty News
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 9
Real-Life Golden Girl Erika Christensen Stops Traffic as a Drug Addict
Which is about as far from a wasted juvenile as an 18-year-old can get. Homeschooled by Kathy, 49, a construction manager, and her father, Steven, 51, a human-resources exec (twin brothers Brando and Dane are 13, and older half brother Nick is 26), Erika, a committed Scientologist, set her sights on an acting career at age 12 and earned her G.E.D. at 16. And, for the record, says the Seattle-born teen who lives with her family in L.A., "I had never inhaled in my life!"
But pretending to smoke crack on-camera was the least of her problems: "It was strange knowing that the crew and my parents would see me doing a sex scene," she says. "But I remember sitting on the set in my boxers thinking, 'Everything else has gone great, there's no reason this wouldn't go great.' " It did. "Erika is full of raw talent," says Douglas. "She did an extraordinary job."
Her blossoming career, which included guest spots on such TV shows as The Practice and Frasier, has left Christensen little time for much else—not even socializing. "I can't remember when I went on my last date," she concedes. But then, unlike her onscreen alter ego, she adds, "I've got really high standards."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!