Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stranded Boaters Rescued from Uninhabited South Pacific Island After Writing 'SOS' in Sand
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Britney Spears Says Carpool Karaoke was 'a Little Awkward' as She Calls James Corden a 'Teddy Bear'
- NBA Star Dwyane Wade's Cousin Killed in Chicago Crossfire: 'Another Act of Senseless Gun Violence'
- Donald Trump's Doctor Admits He Wrote GOP Nominee's Health Report in Just 5 Minutes
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 9
Eighty-Two-Year-Old Evelyn Tucci Plays a Round to Remember—with 2 Holes-in-One
By the time the petite golfer and her partner, Carin West, 55, finished their tournament-winning round, news of the feat—whose odds one Golf Digest study calculates at 67 million to one—had already spread through the club. There, Tucci tees off three times a week during the four months each year the home-maker and her husband of 59 years, a retired mechanic and real estate investor, spend in their rental condo. (The rest of the time the couple live in Beachwood, Ohio.) "We were all hugging," says Tucci, who sprang for drinks all around. "I don't think I started crying." Then again, she hasn't seen her bar bill yet.
Tucci initially took up the game to help fill the void after her two older daughters left home and her youngest died, at age 16 in 1969. The game "keeps you moving, coordinated and away from boredom," Tucci says. "I would recommend golf for all women my age—but they should start younger than 80."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!