Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Molly Sims Shares Her Secret to Bouncing Back After Giving Birth
- Read the Cover Story: Meet Kelly Clarkson's Baby Girl!
- Tony Dovolani: The Secret to My DWTS Success Is 'My Wife'
- Kendall Jenner's Modeling Month Continues: From London to Milan, What's Her Best Runway Look?
- How Keith Urban and Eric Church Stole the Show in Nashville
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 05, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 9
Eighty-Two-Year-Old Evelyn Tucci Plays a Round to Remember—with 2 Holes-in-One
By the time the petite golfer and her partner, Carin West, 55, finished their tournament-winning round, news of the feat—whose odds one Golf Digest study calculates at 67 million to one—had already spread through the club. There, Tucci tees off three times a week during the four months each year the home-maker and her husband of 59 years, a retired mechanic and real estate investor, spend in their rental condo. (The rest of the time the couple live in Beachwood, Ohio.) "We were all hugging," says Tucci, who sprang for drinks all around. "I don't think I started crying." Then again, she hasn't seen her bar bill yet.
Tucci initially took up the game to help fill the void after her two older daughters left home and her youngest died, at age 16 in 1969. The game "keeps you moving, coordinated and away from boredom," Tucci says. "I would recommend golf for all women my age—but they should start younger than 80."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!