Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Richards Travels to Mexico to Watch Her Daughter Brooke Get Married
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- First Look! Matt Damon is Lost in Space in Ridley Scott's The Martian
- Our Body Issue Stars React to Nice Tweets about Themselves
- Prince Harry Meets Niece Princess Charlotte – Finally!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 12, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 10
Herd on the Street
Using Some Flashy Neckwear, Biologist Shelly Ament Alerts Drivers to Meandering Elk
Having tracked wildlife electronically throughout her 18-year career, the Colorado Springs-born Ament secured a $75,000 federal grant to collar 10 elk in 1999. Since the animals tend to travel in groups, there is a good chance that at least one in each bunch will be wearing the collar. "It's not foolproof," the biologist admits. "Last fall a calf was killed." Still, with warmer months drawing both grazing elk and up to 10,000 cars—most carrying tourists—to these highways each day, Ament is looking ahead to a safer, elky summer.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!