Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- A Family's Heartbreak: Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston's Mother Cissy Pay Respects at Bobbi Kristina's Wake
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Christina Applegate: 'I Barely Survived' the Terrible Twos
- Latest Batch of Hillary Clinton Emails: Staff Pet Peeves, Suck-Up Aides and Holiday Headaches
- Bill Cosby's Producer Speaks Out: 'I'm Hoping That People Will Still Be Able to Watch the Show'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 09, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 14
Divorcing Peter Bogdanovich, Louise Hoogstraten Leaves the Shadow of Her Tragic Sibling, Dorothy Stratten
By contrast, the couple make their breakup sound blandly amicable. Bogdanovich, 61, who lives in Manhattan, even offered a joke when Hoogstraten, now living mostly in L.A., served him divorce papers without advance warning. "He called it my kamikaze attack," she says. Since then, Bogdanovich—whose first marriage to producer Polly Platt (they have two grown daughters) was followed by a long-term relationship with Cybill Shepherd—has shown noble restraint. "I love her dearly," he says. "I've always wanted her to prosper."
Now she'll do that alone. "I married young," says Hoogstraten, who wants to act and write scripts. "I never felt I found my identity. I was Dorothy's sister and Peter's wife."
Bogdanovich, who has just finished shooting a mystery, The Cat's Meow, and plays a psychiatrist on The Sopranos, says he won't remarry anytime soon. "I'm busy," he says, "and not looking for another relationship." The love of his life will remain in the past. "Dorothy," he says, "changed my life as no other person has."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!