Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Lopez to Serve as Judge and Mentor on New Series World of Dance
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- 8 Amazing Penthouses You Can Spend a Night In
- Convicted Killer Heather Mack on the Night of Her Mother's Murder: 'I Think It Was Half-Premeditated'
- Tennessee the Turtle! Reese Witherspoon Celebrates Her Son's 4th Birthday – See the Fun Photos
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 09, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 14
Divorcing Peter Bogdanovich, Louise Hoogstraten Leaves the Shadow of Her Tragic Sibling, Dorothy Stratten
By contrast, the couple make their breakup sound blandly amicable. Bogdanovich, 61, who lives in Manhattan, even offered a joke when Hoogstraten, now living mostly in L.A., served him divorce papers without advance warning. "He called it my kamikaze attack," she says. Since then, Bogdanovich—whose first marriage to producer Polly Platt (they have two grown daughters) was followed by a long-term relationship with Cybill Shepherd—has shown noble restraint. "I love her dearly," he says. "I've always wanted her to prosper."
Now she'll do that alone. "I married young," says Hoogstraten, who wants to act and write scripts. "I never felt I found my identity. I was Dorothy's sister and Peter's wife."
Bogdanovich, who has just finished shooting a mystery, The Cat's Meow, and plays a psychiatrist on The Sopranos, says he won't remarry anytime soon. "I'm busy," he says, "and not looking for another relationship." The love of his life will remain in the past. "Dorothy," he says, "changed my life as no other person has."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!