Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Ariana Grande Says Her Style Is a Cross Between the 'Fresh Prince of Bel Air and Lola Bunny'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Oops! Bachelor in Paradise's Jade Tolbert Calls Out Husband Tanner for Not Remembering Their First Kiss
- From SI: Christie Brinkley, Kate Upton and More on What It's Like to Be Part of Sports Illustrated's Iconic Swimsuit Issue
- FROM EW: Which True Blood Hunk Is Joining the Cast of This Is Us?
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 16, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 15
Brush with Fame
When Julia Roberts Took Home the Oscar, Her Childhood Dentist Made Thousands of Local Kids Winners Also
The group was there to hold Aspes to a promise he had first made 26 years ago: If any patient of his ever won an Olympic medal, a Heisman trophy, an Oscar or other prestigious award, he would give a tube of toothpaste to every child in Smyrna, pop. 41,000. Fortunately, Aspes, married and the father of two grown sons, was ready. As sure of the actress's win (for Erin Brockovich) as any Vegas oddsmaker, he had ordered 10,000 tubes of Crest a week earlier. Within five days, he had handed out half of them, with more kids coming by his office every day.
Though Roberts's Oscar win has cost him about $3,500 in Crest, Aspes, who says he deserves "just a little" credit for Roberts's $20 million smile, is now focused on inspiring more recent patients to take him up on his promise. Nine-year-old gymnast Macy Hyatt plans to collect. "I hope someday I'll earn an Olympic medal," she says, "and Dr. Ted will have to give out another 10,000 tubes of toothpaste."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!