Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why 'Happily Married' Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi Doesn't Wear a Wedding Ring
- Read the Cover Story:
Josh Duggar's Shocking Double Life
- 8 Great Parody Videos of VMA Nominees You Have to Watch Before Sunday
- Watch Ronda Rousey's Fierce New Carl's Jr. Ad
- Simon Cowell Calls One Direction Break 'Healthy': 'I Don't Know If They're Definitely Going to Split up'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 16, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 15
As a First Years Lawyer, Sidney Poitier Graduates from Namesake to New Face
Since then, Poitier, 27, the younger of two daughters of Oscar winner Sidney Poitier, 74, and his second wife, former actress Joanna Shimkus, 57, has determined to make the name her own. In 1999 she copped small parts in True Crime and the miniseries Noah's Ark. "She's a fine actress," says her father. "I'm proud of her." Sidney, who lives in an L.A. bungalow, credits both parents for her social conscience. "How could we grow up and travel all over the world without being open-minded?" says Poitier, who has been dating musician Dorian Heartsong, 33. She also needs to be strong-minded; critics gave First Years low marks. "I'm not worried," she says. "I'm an actor, and I'm in it for the long haul."
August 28, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!