Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jennifer Aniston on Her Favorite Workout Now, an Herbal Supplement She's Trying – and a Condition She Didn't Know She Had
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Everything You Need to Know About the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards
- Whiplash Alert: Trump's Softened Immigration Plan Hardens Again
- When Barack Met Michelle: The Obamas Go on Their First Date in the Charming Southside With You
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 16, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 15
As a First Years Lawyer, Sidney Poitier Graduates from Namesake to New Face
Since then, Poitier, 27, the younger of two daughters of Oscar winner Sidney Poitier, 74, and his second wife, former actress Joanna Shimkus, 57, has determined to make the name her own. In 1999 she copped small parts in True Crime and the miniseries Noah's Ark. "She's a fine actress," says her father. "I'm proud of her." Sidney, who lives in an L.A. bungalow, credits both parents for her social conscience. "How could we grow up and travel all over the world without being open-minded?" says Poitier, who has been dating musician Dorian Heartsong, 33. She also needs to be strong-minded; critics gave First Years low marks. "I'm not worried," she says. "I'm an actor, and I'm in it for the long haul."
August 26, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!