Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Police Believe North Carolina 'Bear Lady' Killed by Bears
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Meet Colin Firth's Cutest Costars Ever: Puppies!
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in Tub
- From Essence: Viola Davis 'Always Tried to Be the 90 Lb. White GIrl'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 02:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 16, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 15
The Hit Movie Spy Kids Turns These Down-to-Earth Los Angeles Youngsters into Schoolyard Superheroes
And that's just at the supermarket. Moviegoers have made the Kids, a James Bond-style adventure for the 007-year-old set and older, a No. 1 hit at the box office, and the youngsters have a spot in a planned sequel.
The two have a lot more in common than just work: Both live in the L.A. area and attend school there, both have parents who've split up, and both have long Hollywood résumés. "In Southern California, you play soccer and you do auditions," says Daryl's mother, Sandy Krebs, a social worker who got her son a gig on Murphy Brown when he was 7 weeks old. For Alexa, whose blonde hair was dyed brown for the him, it wasn't until age 4 that she got a part on the Burt Reynolds sitcom Evening Shade. "She hasn't stopped working since," says her mom, Gina Rue, a former model. Now Alexa is learning what fame can mean. For the Spy Kids premiere, she notes, "the makeup artist showed up at 6 a.m." Could an entourage be in the offing?
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!