Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Barack Obama and David Letterman Plan Their Retirement Together on Late Show
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- Hailey Baldwin Is Now a Brunette! Get the Exclusive Scoop Straight From Her Colorist!
- See the Exclusive Sketch of Sofia Vergara's Romantic Met Gala Gown!
- Solange Knowles's Met Gala Gown Is Not to Be Missed
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 23, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 16
Her Roots May Be Australian, but for Country Star Jamie O'Neal All Roads Led to Nashville
Crowe isn't the only celeb to turn up in the 32-year-old O'Neal's peripatetic life. At 10, while touring in the States with singer parents Jimmy Murphy, now 50, and Julie, 56, and sister Samantha, 30, also a Nashville warbler, O'Neal opened for Dolly Parton. Later, living in L.A. with her dad (her parents divorced when she was 14), she went to Beverly Hills High School with future Friend David Schwimmer. And at 19, back in Australia with her mom in 1988, she dated Crowe for two months while both were in a play. "It was more like a fling," she says. Just as well: After Julie sent a demo tape of her daughter's songs to a Nashville music executive in 1996, O'Neal (who took an Irish stage name) saw her career take off. "Both my parents have always said, 'Go for it!' " says O'Neal, who wed singer and recording engineer Rodney Good, 34, last August. "That's why I moved to Nashville on my own. I was scared, but I knew it was what I had to do."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!