Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber Split After 11 Years Together
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Lil Wayne's Memoir of Prison Life Says Alleged Betrayal by Drake Was the 'Worst Thing I Could Have Found Out'
- Three Arrested, Including 17-Year-Old Girl, in Triple Homicide of California Parents and Friend
- FROM EW: Garth Brooks Earns Historic RIAA Achievement: How the Country Star Beat the Beatles
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 07, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 18
Knowing the Part
Raised by a Single Dad, Lauren Graham Stars as the Gilmore Girls' Single Mom
Still, it was "so important when my father married my stepmother [Karen, now 45, a corporate meeting planner] to have a woman come into my life," says Graham, who is also close to her mother, Donna Grant, 57, a retail buyer living in England. Even then Lauren "was very independent," says her father. After earning an MFA in drama from Southern Methodist University in 1992, "I slept on my aunt's couch for six months," she says, while auditioning in L.A. She broke through in 1996 with a recurring role as Caroline in the City's wacky Shelly. Currently Graham, who's unattached ("I'm dating—that's all you get from me"), is working 16-hour days on Gilmore when she's not furnishing her new two-bedroom house in L.A. "I eat out of plastic containers," she laments. Maybe it's time for Dad to take her out to dinner again.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!