Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Fears of Freeway Sniper as Four Cars Are Shot on Phoenix Highway
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- Melissa Rivers on Fashion Police Debut: 'I'm Still Cleaning Up Messes'
- Fall TV Preview: The 18 Hottest New Shows You Need to Watch
- Fall TV Preview: 8 Returning Shows We're Dying to See Again
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 07, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 18
Knowing the Part
Raised by a Single Dad, Lauren Graham Stars as the Gilmore Girls' Single Mom
Still, it was "so important when my father married my stepmother [Karen, now 45, a corporate meeting planner] to have a woman come into my life," says Graham, who is also close to her mother, Donna Grant, 57, a retail buyer living in England. Even then Lauren "was very independent," says her father. After earning an MFA in drama from Southern Methodist University in 1992, "I slept on my aunt's couch for six months," she says, while auditioning in L.A. She broke through in 1996 with a recurring role as Caroline in the City's wacky Shelly. Currently Graham, who's unattached ("I'm dating—that's all you get from me"), is working 16-hour days on Gilmore when she's not furnishing her new two-bedroom house in L.A. "I eat out of plastic containers," she laments. Maybe it's time for Dad to take her out to dinner again.
September 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!