Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Thomas Gibson Contemplates a Return to Comedy Following His Criminal Minds Firing: 'Maybe It's Time'
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- Couple of 62 Years Share Heartbreaking Farewell as They're Forced to Live in Separate Nursing Homes
- Ryan Reynolds Wishes His Wife Blake Lively (and Billy Ray Cyrus) Happy Birthday in Hilarious Message
- Watch Mayim Bialik and Marcie Leeds Recreate Their Iconic Opening Scene from Beaches
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
Sydney Tamiia Poitier
MARITAL STATUS: Single
BIG BREAK: Starring in her first TV series, NBC's shortlived First Years
PEDIGREE: The NYU grad is the youngest of two daughters of actor Sidney Poitier, 74, and former actress Joanna Shimkus, 57.
BEAUTY REGIMEN: "It boils down to a bar of Purpose soap I get at Rite Aid, then I splash on a little Kiehl's Rosewa-ter Toner and maybe a couple of beads of moisturizer, and I call it a day. I hardly ever wear makeup. If my skin is irritated for any reason, I'll go to the health food store and buy a stalk of aloe vera. I peel it and rub the stalk right onto my skin."
BODY IMAGE: "I've always been a bit rounder than other girls. I'm proud of that. But my biggest insecurity is my backside. I wrap things around my waist to camouflage my tush."
BEST FEATURE: "I would have to say it's my height."
DAD'S CHOICE: Her ears. "Sydney listens," says the elder Poitier. "She has this curiosity which is beautiful."
AND ANOTHER THING: "When I first saw her, all I saw was the smile," says her boyfriend of two years, musician Dorian Heart-song, 33. "That smile, it can melt steel."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!