Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Heart Singer Ann Wilson’s Husband Arrested After Allegedly Hitting Her 16-Year-Old Twin Nephews
- Read the Cover Story: Rob Kardashian & Blac Chyna: How I Finally Found Happiness
- Sperm Donor Who Allegedly Fathered 36 Kids and Claimed Genius-Level IQ Admits 'He Was Not Truthful': Police
- Cheryl Burke on Returning to DWTS and What It's Really Like Working with Ryan Lochte
- WATCH: Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy and More Show Off Their Best Moves in Surfaced Dancing with the Stars Audition Tapes
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
MARITAL STATUS: Single
BIG BREAK: Role of kickboxing aristocrat Jen Yu in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
BEAUTY SECRET: Sleep. "There's a saying in China. Men should eat and women should sleep. I try to get eight hours every night."
RESUME: Raised by an economist father and kindergarten teacher mother, Zhang attended Beijing's Central Academy of Drama for a year and began her acting career in the 1999 Chinese drama The Road Home. Next she stars opposite Jackie Chan in Rush Hour 2, due in August.
STAYING FIT: Making action movies means less time at the gym. "I really get my exercise during the fight scenes," she says.
EFFECT ON OTHERS: "She's sexy and she's innocent, and beneath her exterior there's something untamable," says Crouching Tiger director Ang Lee. "In real life she is the hidden dragon." Adds Rush Hour 2 director Brett Ratner: "To me, she is the Audrey Hepburn of Asia."
WORDS TO LIVE BY: "In China," Zhang says, "we don't consider someone truly beautiful until we have known them for a long time, and we know what's underneath the skin."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!