Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: We Go Bowling with Daya!
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Inside Ivanka Trump's Chaotic Life Raising Three Children: 'I'm Exhausted 90 Percent of the Time'
- WATCH AND SHOP: The Bracelet Inspired by Styles Stars Love – for Less
- Superman Is that You? Henry Cavill Pranks Will Smith with Very Convincing Comic-Con Disguise
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
MARITAL STATUS: Single mother to an 11-year-old son, Sebastian
RESIDENCE: New York City
BIG BREAK: Playing Russell Crowe's love, Lucilla, sister of the Roman emperor Commodus, in last year's Gladiator
TYPECASTING: "She looks royal," says Gladiator makeup artist Melissa Lackersteen. "It's the long neck and elegant jawline and very good cheekbones."
HER BEAUTY MANTRA: "I don't like to look too perfect, too done," says Nielsen, "so if I do the mouth, I don't do the eyes. And if I do the eyes, I don't do the mouth."
LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY: The Copenhagen native has taken care to protect her fair complexion from the sun ever since a sailing excursion off the African coast in her 20s left her so burned, she says, "I had to lie covered in zinc from head to toe for a full day. There were cockroaches all over my hotel room. I was scared to death."
THANKS A LOT, BRO: "She was definitely not the prom queen," says Nielsen's brother Ulrich, 31. "She was plain, she wore glasses. There was nothing spectacular about her. The years have been very good to her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!