- History-Making Les Misérables Actor Kyle Jean-Baptiste Has Died at 21
- Read the Cover Story: Meet the American Heroes Who Stopped French Train Attack
- The Return of Miley! A New Video from Taylor! 5 Things We Can Expect to See at the VMAs on Sunday
- Ever Wonder Where the Property Brothers Live?
- Suspect Arrested for Fatally Shooting Uniformed Texas Deputy at Gas Station: Reports
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
MARITAL STATUS: Single mother to an 11-year-old son, Sebastian
RESIDENCE: New York City
BIG BREAK: Playing Russell Crowe's love, Lucilla, sister of the Roman emperor Commodus, in last year's Gladiator
TYPECASTING: "She looks royal," says Gladiator makeup artist Melissa Lackersteen. "It's the long neck and elegant jawline and very good cheekbones."
HER BEAUTY MANTRA: "I don't like to look too perfect, too done," says Nielsen, "so if I do the mouth, I don't do the eyes. And if I do the eyes, I don't do the mouth."
LESSONS LEARNED THE HARD WAY: The Copenhagen native has taken care to protect her fair complexion from the sun ever since a sailing excursion off the African coast in her 20s left her so burned, she says, "I had to lie covered in zinc from head to toe for a full day. There were cockroaches all over my hotel room. I was scared to death."
THANKS A LOT, BRO: "She was definitely not the prom queen," says Nielsen's brother Ulrich, 31. "She was plain, she wore glasses. There was nothing spectacular about her. The years have been very good to her."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!