Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bobbi Kristina Brown: Inside the Troubled Life of Whitney Houston's Daughter
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Bobbi Kristina & Nick: Their Love in Photos
- Cat Uses Husky as Bed Because Why Not? (VIDEO)
- Justin Timberlake's Changing Looks!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 03:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
Forty-Six Years Late, Two Lovebirds Share a Red-Letter Day
James had dropped the four-page missive into the Fort Ord mailbox slot on Jan. 28, 1955. But somehow it had gotten trapped inside the wall of the base post office and sat there until this past December, when it was discovered by a construction crew doing renovations. Eventually the post office tracked down the Bracys, now the parents of Jami, 35, and Jack, 30, and grandparents of year-old Jacob.
Even before opening the envelope, "I knew it was sweet because it came from him," says Sallie. That she's still smitten with James, a retired riveter, is as clear as the blush on her cheeks when she quotes from the letter, which she's described as "X-rated." "I wish I could get my cotton-picking hands on you," she reads. "Okay, that's enough," she adds, smiling at James. "We were young then."
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!