Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Tina Knowles Is the Proudest Mom After Solange Drops A Seat at the Table
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Heidi Montag Discusses the 'Hardship and Prayers' Behind Getting Pregnant
- Ben Affleck on How Parenting Changed Him: 'Your Heart Is Outside Your Body'
- FROM EW: Angelina Jolie in Talks to Star in Afghanistan War Drama Shoot Like a Girl
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
Forty-Six Years Late, Two Lovebirds Share a Red-Letter Day
James had dropped the four-page missive into the Fort Ord mailbox slot on Jan. 28, 1955. But somehow it had gotten trapped inside the wall of the base post office and sat there until this past December, when it was discovered by a construction crew doing renovations. Eventually the post office tracked down the Bracys, now the parents of Jami, 35, and Jack, 30, and grandparents of year-old Jacob.
Even before opening the envelope, "I knew it was sweet because it came from him," says Sallie. That she's still smitten with James, a retired riveter, is as clear as the blush on her cheeks when she quotes from the letter, which she's described as "X-rated." "I wish I could get my cotton-picking hands on you," she reads. "Okay, that's enough," she adds, smiling at James. "We were young then."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!