Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stop Everything and Check Out Joe Manganiello's Shirtless Poster for Magic Mike XXL
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 20- Apr. 26, 2015
- New Campaign Hopes to Be This Year's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- The #GreatKateWait Is Seriously Stressing People Out on Twitter
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Bring Cowboy Hats and Cutoffs to Stagecoach: Check Out Their Cute Couple Style
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 19
Richard T. Jones Proves He's Ready for Prime Time Playing Judge Amy's Redoubtable Aide
Not only did Jones land the part of stoic court officer Bruce Van Exel, but he quickly earned the respect of his castmates. "Richard is an amazing combination of masculine and feminine," says the show's star, Amy Brenneman, 36. "He's so manly, but he can also talk about emotions."
Jones's sensitivity training began early, at age 10, when his father, Clarence, then a coach for the Atlanta Braves, and his mother, Lorene, a computer analyst, divorced. Jones and his brother Clarence Jr., now 35 and a high school basketball coach, began shuttling between homes in Atlanta and California. "It was tough," says Jones. "I would have a best friend for a year, and then I'd move." After a year at Tuskegee University in Alabama, he headed for Hollywood in 1992, getting his big break playing Ike Turner Jr. in 1993's What's Love Got to Do with It.
Luckily, love had everything to do with it in 1994, when he met Nancy Robinson, now 35, waitressing in an L.A. restaurant. Wed in October 1996, they share a three-bedroom home in L.A. with daughters Aubrey, 2, and Sydney, 18 months. "I had no choice," says Nancy with a laugh. "He was such a bad tipper, I had to marry him to get my money back."
April 27, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!