Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight Will Compete on The Amazing Race
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Alexis Shapiro: Losing Weight, Loving Life
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 21, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 20
In New York, Friends, Fans and Family Honor the Oscar-Winning Actress and Lobby for Her Screen Return
Also, to be sure, a world-class acting career, distinguished by seven Oscar nominations and two Best Actress wins (for 1971's Klute and 1978's Coming Home). "I feel great—very honored," proclaimed the 63-year-old Fonda, who attended the gala—and a dinner at Tavern on the Green afterward—with son Troy Garity, 27, and daughter Vanessa Vadim, 32, who made the star a grandmother in 1999.
Among those toasting Fonda was actress Sally Field, a longtime friend. "She is 'it' as far as I'm concerned," declared Field, adding that the former aerobics guru "taught me I didn't have to starve myself to look fit." Director Sydney Pollack praised Fonda's range, noting, "She's as versatile as anybody we have."
Which begs the question: Will Fonda, who has not appeared in a film since 1990's Stanley and Iris, ever return to the silver screen? Although she says no, many of the gala's attendees warned against counting her out just yet. "This [award] is the intro," said her son, "to her final act."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!