Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Find Out If John Krasinski Ever Snooped on an Ex!
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- See the Unique Antique Engagement Ring Home and Family Star Mark Steines Gave Julie Freyermuth
- Stunned Minnesota Community Mourns 5-Year-Old Abducted and Strangled: 'We Just Want to Know Why'
- In Love – But Very Tired! Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's Life with Newborn Son Journey
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 28, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 21
Londoner Hannah Taylor Gordon Found a Soulmate in Another Resilient Teenager—Anne Frank
Gordon's enthusiasm for the part goes well beyond appearances. The British-born actress, who got her career break at age 5 on the BBC medical drama Casualty, felt a strong connection to Frank, who had died at 15 of typhus in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp in 1945. "I live in a dream world, I like writing stories," she says. "I felt closest to her when we were doing the really tormenting scenes."
Even though there is nothing even approaching torment in Gordon's past: The eighth grader lives in a London flat with her homemaker mother, Claire, 35, entrepreneur father, Andrew, 40, and four younger siblings. "She really hasn't changed," says Anna Ramsay, 14, Gordon's best friend since they were 4. Together they attend slumber parties and shop for flip-flops and summer hats. But there's one rite of teen passage Gordon prefers to skip. "I haven't had my ears pierced," she says. "I'm too scared."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!