Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Dead, 9 Injured in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting; Suspect Identified and in Custody
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Left with a Thanksgiving Mess? Let These Hollywood Hotties Clean Up for You
- VIDEO: Watch Heavyweight Champ Wladimir Klitschko's Pre-Fight Serenade to 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
- Selena Gomez on the Difficulties of Dating: 'I Would Love to Date Older Guys' But 'I Look 16'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 28, 2001
- Vol. 55
- No. 21
Decades After Their First Date, Tom Poston Weds Suzanne Pleshette
The two met when they costarred in the 1959 Broadway comedy Golden Fleecing. Poston's 1955 marriage to actress Jean Sullivan was on the wane, and after Pleshette's brief 1964 marriage to actor Troy Donahue ended, the two dated. However, they married other people in 1968—businessman Tom Gallagher and homemaker Kay Hudson. In the 1970s they worked together on The Bob Newhart Show, on which Pleshette played Emily, Newhart's wife, and Poston guest-starred as a college friend of Newhart's. (He later costarred in the 1980s Newhart.)
Last summer, grieving over the deaths of their longtime spouses, Pleshette, 64, and Poston, 79, who has three grown children, rediscovered each other—and this time it took. Last fall Poston proposed in time-honored fashion, to Pleshette's alarm. "When he got on his knee," she says, "I thought he fell, and I tried to pick him up."
After the no-frills wedding, Poston and Pleshette dined à deux, then headed out to see The Producers. "They are a romantic duo," says Poston pal Tim Conway. "It's almost embarrassing. You have to put cold water on them."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!