Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Relive 42 Years of Saturday Night Live Auditions with These Throwback Videos
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Here's a Reminder That You Can Ice Skate on Kim Kardashian's New Engagement Ring from Kanye West
- Donald Trump Told Howard Stern He Thought Paris Hilton Was 'Beautiful' When She Was 12 Years Old
- Jim Carrey's Lawyer Releases Touching Photos of Actor and Late Girlfriend Cathriona White Amid Lawsuit
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 16, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 3
Losing Her Children
Sex Abuse Charges Cost Comic Paula Poundstone Custody of the Five Kids in Her Care
But now the family is torn apart, and Vincent and the other children, none older than 13, have all been placed in foster care. On June 27, Santa Monica police arrested Poundstone, 41, who is single, on charges of committing lewd acts on a girl under 14 on three occasions, as well as endangering two other girls and two boys, all within the previous two months. After posting $200,000 bail, she made her only public comment: "I have faith that the truth is the right thing." She was expected to plead not guilty at a scheduled July 3 arraignment. Despite having cooperated with police investigators, "she's totally in the dark," says a source close to her. "She doesn't even know who her accusers are."
She does have vocal defenders, however. "I can't imagine there is anything but perhaps a twisted imagination" behind the charges, says Mary Tyler Moore, who worked with Poundstone on a children's audio book. Adds Tomlin: "I've seen her with her children often. They adore her. I'm only praying this all ends positively."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!