Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- If All You Want for Christmas Is a Mariah Carey Holiday Movie, You're in Luck!
- Read the Cover Story: The Bachelorette's Kaitlyn and Shawn 'It Was Love At First Sight!'
- Find Out the Romantic Thing The Bachelorette's Shawn Did with All His Roses from Kaitlyn
- Bachelorette Runner-Up Nick Viall Has Cozy Night Out with Mystery Brunette
- It's a Boy for Sons of Anarchy's Timothy V. Murphy
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 16, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 3
Losing Her Children
Sex Abuse Charges Cost Comic Paula Poundstone Custody of the Five Kids in Her Care
But now the family is torn apart, and Vincent and the other children, none older than 13, have all been placed in foster care. On June 27, Santa Monica police arrested Poundstone, 41, who is single, on charges of committing lewd acts on a girl under 14 on three occasions, as well as endangering two other girls and two boys, all within the previous two months. After posting $200,000 bail, she made her only public comment: "I have faith that the truth is the right thing." She was expected to plead not guilty at a scheduled July 3 arraignment. Despite having cooperated with police investigators, "she's totally in the dark," says a source close to her. "She doesn't even know who her accusers are."
She does have vocal defenders, however. "I can't imagine there is anything but perhaps a twisted imagination" behind the charges, says Mary Tyler Moore, who worked with Poundstone on a children's audio book. Adds Tomlin: "I've seen her with her children often. They adore her. I'm only praying this all ends positively."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!