Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The 9 Definitive Moments of the Justin Bieber Roast, as Told by GIFs
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- First Look: Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin Reunite – on Netflix
- Watch This Dad's Awkward Sex Talk on TLC's New Show 7 Little Johnstons
- Bella Thorne, Chris Noth & More Give a Fun Sneak Peek at the Lilly Pulitzer for Target Collection
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 16, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 3
Rabbi Deyo's Speed Dating Singles Hope to Click Quick
Before she can answer, the bell rings. Michael's off to the next table to meet another woman, and Deana is facing a new guy. The pair (no last names, please) and 18 other eligible men and women—members of the Jewish organization Aish Ha Torah—are in Maison Gourmet, a kosher Los Angeles coffeehouse, for Speed Dating, a cross between musical chairs and Love Connection designed to help singles find soulmates.
Organized by L.A. Rabbi Yaacov Deyo, 38, Speed Dating was begun in 1999 to encourage the single members of the group to date each other. Now the concept has crossed boundaries of religion, race and sexual preference and is popping up across the country. Participants spend seven minutes chatting, then fill out cards indicating whether they like their "date." If there's a match, organizers pass along the phone numbers.
Deyo, a North Andover, Mass., native who met wife Sue, 37, via a friend, says the process "helps people speed up their decision-making." It may even weed out the creeps. Two complaints of impoliteness—such as ogling someone else—in an evening get a participant banned. Veterans of the singles scene may not be surprised to find that offenders tend to be guys. "Girls," says Deyo, "wouldn't do that."
March 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!