Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chicago Hip Hop Artists – Including Common – Band Together to Fight Gun Violence
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- VIDEO: Black Friday Is Upon Us – Let this Video Serve as a Reminder to Stay Safe in the Madness!
- A Friends Fan Recreates Rachel's Infamous Thanksgiving Trifle – Does It Really Taste Like Feet?
- Benedict Cumberbatch on Fatherhood: 'I Might Go for a (Cumber) Batch of Boys'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 16, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 3
Up to Scratch
Smarter Than the Average Bear, Tank Makes His Movie Debut as Dr. Dolittle 2's Loveable Wiseguy Grizzly
Tank clawed his way to the top, besting more than 50 competitors to play Dolittle 2's performing bear Archie, who scrubs himself in a bathtub, eats popcorn while watching TV and toasts marshmallows around a campfire with Murphy. "He has a playful personality and a great sense of humor," says Doug Seus, 58, who has trained animals for movies and commercials for 29 years. "He handled everything like a pro."
The Seuses are hoping Tank will follow in the paw prints of Bart, their 1,800-lb. grizzly bear, who died of cancer last year at age 24 after wowing critics in eight films, including The Bear and Legends of the Fall. They've been grooming Tank since adopting him from a Wisconsin breeder as a 6-week-old cub. "We fed him, we loved him, we played with him," says Doug, "just like you would a child."
No fan of the Hollywood scene, Tank is happiest at home in Heber City, Utah, where he romps in a nearby creek and downs 30 lbs. of apples, carrots, roast chicken and salmon a day. "As long as Tank can wrestle with me and eat," says Doug, "he's pretty much happy."
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!