Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- I Did a Couple's Valentine's Day Spa Treatment … By Myself
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Tips for Finding Love on Valentine's Day – From Pre-K Sweethearts Who Met Again Three Decades Later
- Why Beth Behrs Went From Being a 'Junk-Food-Aholic' to a Vegetarian – Plus a Look Inside Her Home!
- Boyfriend of British Soap Star Sian Blake Arrested in Heathrow Airport for Murder of Blake and Their Children
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 23, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 4
With A.J. McLean Fighting Depression and Alcoholism, the Backstreet Boys Take An Unscheduled De-Tour
McLean's difficulties apparently became more and more noticeable over the past year. "[The group] told me he's been missing meetings and staying out late," says MTV News correspondent John Norris, who conducted the interview. "He would keep partying and not make the call the next day." What precipitated his tailspin is anyone's guess, but friends agree that the recent death at age 81 of McLean's grandmother Ursula Fernandez, who helped raise him, affected him deeply. "He was heartbroken," says McLean's close friend Rachel Zoe Rosenzweig, a stylist for the band.
That may explain the lyrics to a song McLean was shown composing in a home video on TRL. "What do people really want?" he sang in the clip. "They wanna be happy."
February 12, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!