Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,189 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lena Dunham Actually Doesn't 'Have an Issue' with Her Hair Twin Justin Bieber
- The Best Photos from the Week of August 24- August 30, 2015
- Hulk Hogan Says Racism Was Part of His 'Daily Environment' Growing Up: 'You Greeted Your Friends with the N-Word'
- Houston Teen Taking Selfies with Gun Accidentally Kills Himself
- Fall TV Preview: 18 Hottest New Shows
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 23, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 4
In His Father's Memory, Dale Earnhardt Jr. Triumphs Where Dale Sr. Was Killed
For months Dale Jr. had been unable to escape the shadow of his father's death. At every stop on the Winston Cup circuit there were signs commemorating the crusty, beloved older Earnhardt, widely regarded as perhaps the greatest natural driver in stock-car history. And at each race, since Earnhardt Sr.'s car had been No. 3, fans and broadcasters would stand in silent tribute during the third lap. At Daytona the weight of the past would be felt even more keenly, and Earnhardt's widow, Teresa, 42, stayed away from the Pepsi race entirely.
Dale Jr. coped in his own fashion, triumphing with the same daring that was the hallmark of his father. Stuck behind five cars with six laps to go, he radioed his crew, "I wanna win this one pretty bad"—then proceeded to weave heart-stoppingly in and out of traffic to take the checkered flag. "I felt like I was rescued from a deserted island," Dale Jr. told PEOPLE, explaining that the victory eased the loneliness he had been feeling. "After that race I was just wide open, wanting to hug everybody. It really got me back to normal."
September 02, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!