Archive Page - 12/1/12 39 years, 2,079 covers and 53,260 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What's Kate Bosworth's Favorite Dish to Cook & Reality Show to Watch?
- Justin & Selena Get Cozy in Vegas Before Billboard Awards
- Ben Affleck & Jennifer Garner Spoof His 'Marriage-Is-Work' Oscar Speech on SNL
- Readers Send Angelina Jolie Their Love, Tori Spelling's Ring Gets a Laugh
- Source: Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Break Up – for Now
On Newsstands Now
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday May 19, 2013 12:10PM EDT
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 06, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 6
Angelina Jolie and Antonio Banderas Rough It Behind the Scenes on the Mexico Set of Their August Thriller Original Sin
Still glowing from her Oscar win for Girl, Interrupted and newly enamored with actor-director Billy Bob Thornton (they would marry two months later), Jolie has every reason to be giddy. "My life," she says, "is complete." Even finding an insect's cocoon in mint ice cream she buys from a street vendor doesn't get her down; she thought it was a pecan until a friend tapped on it with a spoon, revealing its true identity.
Work proves more palatable—especially the spicy love scenes with Banderas, 40. "I think all the women just want to kill me," says Jolie. One notable exception: Banderas's wife, Melanie Griffith, 43, who visits the set between dips in the pool with the couple's daughter Stella, 4. Explains Banderas: "Melanie knows that whatever I do with Angelina in the movie, she gets every night—and for real."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!