Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,168 covers and 54,870 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- So, What Exactly Is a PEOPLE Magazine Award?
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Casper Smart's Dude Topknot Kicks Off the PEOPLE Magazine Awards in Memorable Style
- Watch Birthday Girl Xtina Keep Gettin' Better with Age
- See George Clooney’s Selfie on the Set of Downton Abbey
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Thursday December 18, 2014 08:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 06, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 6
Angelina Jolie and Antonio Banderas Rough It Behind the Scenes on the Mexico Set of Their August Thriller Original Sin
Still glowing from her Oscar win for Girl, Interrupted and newly enamored with actor-director Billy Bob Thornton (they would marry two months later), Jolie has every reason to be giddy. "My life," she says, "is complete." Even finding an insect's cocoon in mint ice cream she buys from a street vendor doesn't get her down; she thought it was a pecan until a friend tapped on it with a spoon, revealing its true identity.
Work proves more palatable—especially the spicy love scenes with Banderas, 40. "I think all the women just want to kill me," says Jolie. One notable exception: Banderas's wife, Melanie Griffith, 43, who visits the set between dips in the pool with the couple's daughter Stella, 4. Explains Banderas: "Melanie knows that whatever I do with Angelina in the movie, she gets every night—and for real."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!