Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Former Law & Order Director Sentenced to 10 Years Probation for Child Pornography Charges
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hillary Clinton Takes Giant Selfie with Digital Content Creators at Town Hall Discussion: 'We Have to Send This to Ellen!'
- John Mayer Says He's 'Ready' to Find His Next Girlfriend: 'I'm More Mature Than I've Ever Been'
- Former American Idol Contestant John Stevens Hit By Van in Massachusetts
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 20, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 8
Picks and Pans Review: The Manhattan Hunt Club
Heart-of-darkness storyteller Saul weaves a creepy tale of murder, corruption and evil in a perfect setting: the New York City subway. The result is scarier than trying to do the Macarena between cars on a speeding F train. College smarty Jeff Converse winds up wrongly convicted of a brutal crime on a subway platform; instead of going to prison, he gets abducted and abandoned in a maze of chambers below the city streets. There he becomes human game for a secret society—the Manhattan Hunt Club "of fair-minded people who have the greater good of the city and its citizens at heart." "The Most Dangerous Game," meet The Warriors.
With a little help from a criminally insane sidekick, Jeff turns the tables on the predators, who track him with the aid of a double-dealing friend of the homeless. In the end it's the power of love that helps the hapless and hangs the heels. Stirring social commentary, this ain't, but it's a hot tome for summer in the city. (Ballantine, $25.95)
Bottom Line: Happy hunting
- Bella Stander,
- Edward Karam,
- Cathy Burke,
- Michelle Vellucci,
- Amy Waldman.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!