Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Erin Andrews to Miss Week 3 of DWTS to 'Support' Boyfriend Jarret Stoll 'Whose Nephew Passed Away'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Tatyana Ali Reveals Newborn Son's Name: Baby Edward 'Has Opened My Heart to a Bottomless Depth of Feeling'
- They're with Her: The Mystery Behind the Will & Grace Reunion Is Solved!
- Inside Shay Mitchell's Glam Guesthouse
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 20, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 8
Picks and Pans Review: The Manhattan Hunt Club
Heart-of-darkness storyteller Saul weaves a creepy tale of murder, corruption and evil in a perfect setting: the New York City subway. The result is scarier than trying to do the Macarena between cars on a speeding F train. College smarty Jeff Converse winds up wrongly convicted of a brutal crime on a subway platform; instead of going to prison, he gets abducted and abandoned in a maze of chambers below the city streets. There he becomes human game for a secret society—the Manhattan Hunt Club "of fair-minded people who have the greater good of the city and its citizens at heart." "The Most Dangerous Game," meet The Warriors.
With a little help from a criminally insane sidekick, Jeff turns the tables on the predators, who track him with the aid of a double-dealing friend of the homeless. In the end it's the power of love that helps the hapless and hangs the heels. Stirring social commentary, this ain't, but it's a hot tome for summer in the city. (Ballantine, $25.95)
Bottom Line: Happy hunting
- Bella Stander,
- Edward Karam,
- Cathy Burke,
- Michelle Vellucci,
- Amy Waldman.
September 24, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!