Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bruce Jenner Is Living as a Woman as 'Much as Possible,' Says Source
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- The Latest News on Bobbi Kristina Brown's Condition
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson's Date Night and More from Inside PEOPLE and TIME's D.C. Bash
- Kim and Rob Kardashian Send Loving Messages to Bruce Jenner
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 12
Wed Less Than Three Years, Titanic Star Kate Winslet and Jim Threapleton Hit a Berg
Now, nine weeks later, it seems Threapleton, 27, is out of the picture. On Sept. 4 Winslet, 25, announced that she and the director—who have a daughter, Mia, 11 months—are separating. "There is no malice at all," she said. "Jim and I have great respect for each other." The news surprised friends of the couple's, whose 1998 wedding reception—at a pub in Reading, England—was as low-key as the newlyweds themselves. "She seemed fine, talking about her little girl and her husband," says director Michael Apted, who last saw Winslet at the Aug. 18 premiere of her upcoming film Enigma. The pair met in '97 on the set of indie flick Hideous Kinky. (She starred; he was an assistant director.) Winslet "fell in love at first sight," she told this month's British IN STYLE. By August 2000 they had set up their own production company and bought a $360,000 London home.
Still, the actress, who has shed 56 lbs. since Mia's birth, told IN STYLE of her marriage, "There are highs and lows, and at times it's tough." Ultimately, friends say, her star power may have contributed to those lows. "There was always love between them," says one Winslet pal, "and yet there has always been a disparity between their incomes. It's all about compatibility."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!