Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed To Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Who Was Vacationing with Family Before Texas Floods Hit Has Been Found
- A Ripped Jake Gyllenhaal Vacations in Italy with Longtime Best Friend Greta Caruso
- Prince William Swallows His Pride to Award FA Cup Trophy to Rival Team
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 12
The Young and the Dowdy
They Hide Their Assets Under Shapeless Schmattes. Will They Continue with Their Washed-Up Wardrobes, or Will They Soon Realize the Error of Their Ways?
At an L.A. event in June, Coyote Ugly actress PIPER PERABO "was influenced by the Beaver's mom," says PEOPLE'S Steven Gojocaru. "This dress screams June Cieaver with a bit of Mrs. Cunningham."
Spanning the generation gap in a flimsy excuse for fashion, granny-shawled JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT took in the L.A. premiere of TNT's James Dean in July looking ready for the early-bird special and a night of bingo.
The occasion was festive—the October launch of a Christian Bior boutique in Manhattan—but Oscar winner ANNA PAQUIN's dress "is so depressing, it needs to be on Prozac," declares Cojocaru, "There's no life to it."
"I've seen sleeping bags that fit better" than THORA BIRCH's outfit for a Beverly Hills benefit last fall, says Cojocaru. The Ghost WorldStar "looks like she was in the throes of playing dress-up and was caught. Busted!"
MENA SUVARI's mournful ensemble for a fashion awards show in dune had a slit down the center, but even that didn't add vim or vigor. "This dress is well-suited for a middle aged woman going to a Christmas party," observes Cojocaru.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!