Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cat Finds Way Back to Her Family After 11 Years Apart
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- RHOC's Shannon Beador Squashes Hopes of Reconciliation with Vicki Gulvanson: 'I Don't Need to Be Her Friend'
- WATCH: Catelynn Lowell Breaks Down Over Postpartum Depression: 'I'm Not Okay'
- Cara Delevingne Flaunts Possible Engagement Ring, Reveals She's a Member of the Mile High Club
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 12
By Zeus, It's a Boy!
After a Herculean Effort, Kevin Sorbo and Wife Sam Welcome Their First Child
"About 18 minutes," he replied. Then, as Sorbo recalls, "I said, 'What's wrong?' She said, 'Well, my water broke.' I jumped right off."
The next afternoon, Sorbo, 42, stood beside Sam, 36, in a hospital delivery room and, supervised by her obstetrician, prepared to sever the umbilical cord of their first child, 7-lb. 8-oz. Braeden Cooper. "I was crying so hard," says the actor. "I said to the doctor, 'Make sure I cut the right thing, because I can't see.' "
In part, they were tears of relief. After meeting on Hercules' New Zealand set in 1996, when Sam made a guest appearance, the couple wed on Jan. 5, 1998. Their plan was to start a family immediately. Nearly two years later, they were still trying. "Every doctor we went to said we were both fine," says Sorbo. Two of them offered a theory, which Sorbo accepts: "The stress we were putting on getting pregnant stopped us from succeeding," he says. Then last December, just as they had begun mulling adoption, Sam learned she was pregnant.
The couple—who spend much of their time at a second home in Vancouver, where Andromeda, the sci-fi series in which Sorbo plays a starship captain, is filmed—can't wait to have another child. "I changed his diaper this morning," says Sorbo. "It didn't bug me at all. Being a father is so cool."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!