Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Brad Pitt Talks Going Up Against George Clooney for Movie Rights: 'It Can Get Competitive'
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Find Out Which Glee Alums Are Waiting for That American Horror Story Casting Call
- Welcome to the Future: Amazon Previews Drone Delivery Service (VIDEO)
- How You Doin? Wendy Williams, 51, Shows Off 50-Lb. Weight Loss in Sexy, Cleavage-Baring Swimsuit
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 12
Maria Peevey Turned a Bad Breakup with a Boyfriend into a Popular Line of Girls-Only Greeting Cards
Profitable too. Inspired by those clever missives, Peevey founded SimplyShe, a wry line of girls-only cards, books and T-shirts that is expected to rake in $1 million this year. (Sample message: "You're not alone. I don't like your boyfriend either.") "I wanted to talk to women," says Peevey, 34, "in the way we really say things to each other."
Recruiting her card-sending pal Megan Weinerman, 32, as a partner, the San Rafael, Calif., native hit the market with SimplyShe in May 2000. Since then, she has put her products in 400 stores and won celeb fans like Drew Barrymore (who keeps Peevey's cards in her office), Brooke Shields, who took one of Peevey's T-shirts ("You're getting married. You're like a real grown-up now") on a recent vacation, and Tracey Ullman (who calls SimplyShe products "quirky and humorous"). Next up: SimplyShe books and tarot cards. But prospective boyfriends, beware: Peevey, who is single and lives in San Francisco, is always on the lookout for new material. "Any date I go on," she says, "is fodder for the business."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!