Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Was It a Flub or Not? DWTS' Val Chmerkovskiy and Ginger Zee Reveal the Truth About Their Final Dance
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Find Out Which Celebs Erin Andrews Is (Lightheartedly) 'Annoyed' Won't Join Dancing with the Stars
- Former Child Star Alisan Porter: After 30 Years, Curly Sue Is Dead! 'I Am Now the Girl Who Won The Voice!'
- Jack Osbourne's Open Letter on World MS Day: Let's Stop the Secrecy and Band Together to Keep After Our Dreams
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 12
Lil' Romeo Picks Up Where His Platinum-Rapper Dad, Master P, Left Off
But with lyrics about roller-skating and school, Lil' Romeo, 12, is hardly following in his father's hardcore footsteps. "His music is straight for the kids," says Master P, 32. "And grown-ups like it because it's got a clean message." So much J so that Lil' Romeo's debut single, "My Baby" (one of 16 songs on the self-titled CD that he and his dad helped cowrite), became a chart-topping hit for 10 weeks this summer, pushing, him past Stevie Wonder as the youngest solo artist ever to have a No. 1 single. That honor is just amazing," says the rap rookie.
Not that success is anything new to him. In addition to earning A's and B's at St. Luke's Episcopal School in Baton Rouge, Lil' Romeo (real name: Percy Romeo Miller Jr.) is a star basketball player, ranking among the nation's top point guards in his age group. "I want to be a pro," he says. "That's always been my dream."
For now he'll make do with acting on a new Nickelodeon sitcom this fall and kicking off his first solo tour this month. But neither of those gigs will free him from chores at the New Orleans mansion he shares with his father, mother Sonya, 33 (who's also his road manager), and five younger siblings—or from his parents' rules. "You'll see no tattoos or earrings on him," says Master P, "until he turns 18."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!