Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Why Bruce Jenner Prefers to Go by Male Pronouns – for the Time Being
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Shane West: 'Angelina Jolie Can Put a Spell on Me Anytime'
- Prince William Takes a Break from the Royal Baby Watch to Attend a Solemn Ceremony with the Queen
- What Recently Got Bloodline Star Kyle Chandler to Bust a Move?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 12
Glad to Be Blue
NYPD Blue's Latest Rookie Charlotte Ross Thrives as a Woman Among Guys
Ross better get used to the attention. With Delaney off doing her own ABC drama, Philly, and Andrea Thompson (Det. Jill Kirkendall) now anchoring CNN's Headline News, Ross, 33, is the show's lone policewoman. For now, says co-executive producer Bill Clark, "she's doing all the heavy lifting for the women." True to form, she has already done a striptease scene in her bra, but so far her character has avoided intra-precinct romances. "All the guys are wondering if I was brought in to be their love interest," she says.
One guy not wondering is Ross's fiancé, Jeremy Plager, 31, a movie agent she met on a blind date last year. "I knew that night that Jeremy was the one," says Ross, who grew up in Winnetka, Ill., where she and her younger brother were raised by their saleswoman mother, Debbie, 59, after their parents' 1980 divorce. "Our goals were a perfect match. Up to then I had found it very hard to find a stable person who puts a large emphasis on family." The couple, who plan to wed but don't yet have a date in mind, recently bought a six-bedroom home in Los Angeles, where they one day hope to put that emphasis to the test.
Till then Ross will enjoy being the new—and only—girl on the cop block. "It's a boys' club," she says of the Blue set, "but there's something really fun about this boys' club."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!