Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Jacob Tremblay Do an Adorable Blue Steel Impression on Conan
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- VIDEO: Kristen Wiig Makes a Pretty Convincing Peyton Manning on The Tonight Show
- Kanye West Selling T-Shirts With His Mother Donda and the Late Robert Kardashian's Faces on Them
- Kanye West Did Not Call Taylor Swift for Approval Over 'B----' Lyric, Singer Cautioned Him Against Releasing a 'Strong Misogynistic Message'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 15, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 16
In the Years After Eight Is Enough, Actress Lani O'Grady Struggled to Overcome the Damage Done by Addiction
When her mother called the next day, O'Grady (who preferred her name with the added "O") didn't pick up the phone. Before noon paramedics found the 46-year-old dead in bed; pending autopsy reports, investigators are attributing her death to natural causes. Her mother says O'Grady (sister of Don Grady, 57, who played Robbie on My Three Sons) suffered a variety of health problems—the result of years spent addicted to alcohol, painkillers and tranquilizers, including Valium she said she took to calm panic attacks during the 1977-81 run of Eight, on which she played oldest daughter Mary Bradford. "We knew she was nervous," says costar Willie Aames, 41, who played brother Tommy. "She was very vulnerable."
In the years after the show O'Grady bounced in and out of rehab. She was clean at her death, says her mother, taking only an antidepressant and an antiseizure medication (an earlier antidepressant had left her with recurring seizures). "She was the happiest I'd seen her," says Mary Grady. "The other day she said, 'I think I'm going to get back into acting.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!