Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- St. Louis Cardinal Is First Navy Grad to Reach Majors In 94 Years
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Grey's Anatomy Fans Launch Petition to Bring Back McDreamy
- Woman Charged with Sealing Baby in Plastic Bag After Giving Birth At Work
- Jillian Michaels Shares Her Secret to Mom Sanity (Hint: No Kids Allowed!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 12, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 20
A Surrogate Mother Gives Birth to Kelsey and Camille Grammer's Baby
But the best gift arrived four days later, when their 8-lb. 5-oz. baby girl, Mason Olivia, was born to an unidentified surrogate mother. "They are thrilled," says Grammer's mother, Sally, 73, who took her son's excited phone call soon after Mason's birth. "Everything went smoothly. Kelsey told me, 'She looks exactly like I do!'"
The couple opted to use a surrogate for the birth after doctors told Camille, 33, that she would probably not be able to carry a baby to full term. Created from Camille's egg and Grammer's sperm, Mason is her first child and his third (he has daughters Spencer, 17, and Greer, 9, from previous relationships). Grammer, 46—who brought Mason home to their Malibu mansion on Oct. 27 to a welcoming party of family and friends—is "a proud father," says a pal. "Mason is doing wonderfully. She's adorable." And with the Emmy winner in possession of a record $1.6 million-per-episode contract for Frasier, the college trust fund can probably wait.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!