Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taylor Swift Dismissed from Jury Duty Due to Own Pending Sexual Assault Case: Source
- Read the Cover Story: The Gosselins 10 Years Later: 'So Much Has Changed'
- WATCH: Ryan Zimmerman and Daughter Mackenzie Get an Unreal Surprise on Playhouse Masters
- Watching These Pups Get Treats Is a Treat in Itself
- From Football to Foxtrot! Calvin Johnson Is Dancing with the Stars' Newest NFL Contestant
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 12, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 20
With the Baked-Goods Business She Concocted in Her College Dorm, Jessica Nam Gets Her Just Desserts
Something else was cooking in that oven: a booming business. Jessica's Wonders—the line of baked goodies that Nam officially started after graduating in June 2000—is expected to ring up $400,000 in sales this year, mostly in New England markets; a deal with a national outlet is on the horizon.
Nam, whose parents are Korean immigrants, first experimented with cooking in her sixth-grade home economics class in Warren, N.J. "I would develop these recipes," she says, "and then surprise my family with something I knew they would like." She's still inspired by others. Her mother's love of nuts led to a banana bread called Nutty Momma, and Pumpin' Peter Protein Power Bar was created for Kim, a gym rat. But some of these concoctions have to be put on the back burner. "Everyone is like, 'Stop inventing. We still have to launch the other 20 you invented,'" says Nam, who lives in Cranston, R.I. "But I have to keep going back to my kitchen. That's what keeps me alive."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!