Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kim Kardashian Wore Fur-Lined Strappy Stilettos, and Yes, There are Photos
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- What's the One Thing Mulaney Star Martin Short Likes to Cook?
- Alexis Shapiro: Losing Weight, Loving Life
- Why Is Dolly Parton Sending Faxes (Yes, Faxes) to Kelly Clarkson?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 08:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 12, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 20
With the Baked-Goods Business She Concocted in Her College Dorm, Jessica Nam Gets Her Just Desserts
Something else was cooking in that oven: a booming business. Jessica's Wonders—the line of baked goodies that Nam officially started after graduating in June 2000—is expected to ring up $400,000 in sales this year, mostly in New England markets; a deal with a national outlet is on the horizon.
Nam, whose parents are Korean immigrants, first experimented with cooking in her sixth-grade home economics class in Warren, N.J. "I would develop these recipes," she says, "and then surprise my family with something I knew they would like." She's still inspired by others. Her mother's love of nuts led to a banana bread called Nutty Momma, and Pumpin' Peter Protein Power Bar was created for Kim, a gym rat. But some of these concoctions have to be put on the back burner. "Everyone is like, 'Stop inventing. We still have to launch the other 20 you invented,'" says Nam, who lives in Cranston, R.I. "But I have to keep going back to my kitchen. That's what keeps me alive."
December 19, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!