Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Nearly 30 Years After Brutal Killing, Authorities Reopen Cold Case of Denise Porter
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- North Korea Experiences Severe Internet Outages Following Sony Cyber Attack
- From EW: J.K. Rowling Finally Gives Harry Potter Fans What They Want
- The Bachelor's Chris Soules: 'I'm in Love!'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 07:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 26, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 22
Maxwell: Sexiest Soul Singer
Growing up in the East New York section of Brooklyn, Maxwell (that's his middle name; his first and last names are closely guarded secrets) considered himself a nerd. "I was the cat with the books and guitar," says the shy only child who was raised by his mother and grandmother after his father died in a plane crash when he was 3. He underwent a remarkable public transformation with the 1996 release of the acclaimed Urban Hang Suite. The album, which chronicled the singer's first serious affair was praised by Time as "soulful, seductive and as smooth as lingerie," Whenever he's tempted to believe his own press, though. "I remember where I'm from." says Maxwell, who released his third effort, the platinum-selling Now, last August. "It's like, 'Dude, you used to work at Pizza Hut.' I still have the hat," Currently unattached, the 6-ft. singer, who lives in Manhattan, could use a muse to model it for. "It's my secret dream to have that love thing," he says. "But I'm trying to do it right—I just want something good and real."
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!