Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Jacob Tremblay Do an Adorable Blue Steel Impression on Conan
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- VIDEO: Kristen Wiig Makes a Pretty Convincing Peyton Manning on The Tonight Show
- Kanye West Selling T-Shirts With His Mother Donda and the Late Robert Kardashian's Faces on Them
- Kanye West Did Not Call Taylor Swift for Approval Over 'B----' Lyric, Singer Cautioned Him Against Releasing a 'Strong Misogynistic Message'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 26, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 22
Maxwell: Sexiest Soul Singer
Growing up in the East New York section of Brooklyn, Maxwell (that's his middle name; his first and last names are closely guarded secrets) considered himself a nerd. "I was the cat with the books and guitar," says the shy only child who was raised by his mother and grandmother after his father died in a plane crash when he was 3. He underwent a remarkable public transformation with the 1996 release of the acclaimed Urban Hang Suite. The album, which chronicled the singer's first serious affair was praised by Time as "soulful, seductive and as smooth as lingerie," Whenever he's tempted to believe his own press, though. "I remember where I'm from." says Maxwell, who released his third effort, the platinum-selling Now, last August. "It's like, 'Dude, you used to work at Pizza Hut.' I still have the hat," Currently unattached, the 6-ft. singer, who lives in Manhattan, could use a muse to model it for. "It's my secret dream to have that love thing," he says. "But I'm trying to do it right—I just want something good and real."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!