Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Lupita Nyong'o's Oscars Dress Reportedly Returned to Los Angeles Hotel
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- VIDEO: Would Host Chris Harrison Ever Be The Bachelor?
- Bobbi Kristina Brown: What The Latest Medical Developments Really Mean
- Couple Married 67 Years Die Together Holding Hands
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 26, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 22
Maxwell: Sexiest Soul Singer
Growing up in the East New York section of Brooklyn, Maxwell (that's his middle name; his first and last names are closely guarded secrets) considered himself a nerd. "I was the cat with the books and guitar," says the shy only child who was raised by his mother and grandmother after his father died in a plane crash when he was 3. He underwent a remarkable public transformation with the 1996 release of the acclaimed Urban Hang Suite. The album, which chronicled the singer's first serious affair was praised by Time as "soulful, seductive and as smooth as lingerie," Whenever he's tempted to believe his own press, though. "I remember where I'm from." says Maxwell, who released his third effort, the platinum-selling Now, last August. "It's like, 'Dude, you used to work at Pizza Hut.' I still have the hat," Currently unattached, the 6-ft. singer, who lives in Manhattan, could use a muse to model it for. "It's my secret dream to have that love thing," he says. "But I'm trying to do it right—I just want something good and real."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!