Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- See Disney Princesses and Other Cartoons Reimagined as Breast Cancer Survivors
- Read the Cover Story: The Duggars' Dark Secrets
- Jessie J Dyes Her Hair – Again! (Plus More Must-See Tress Updates)
- The Rich Kids of Beverly Hills Reveal Their Summer Secrets
- Meet the Couple Racing Against Time for Their Dream Wedding
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 26
Owners of a Maine Lobster House Pull $12,000 from Their Ceiling for a Sept. 11 Widow
After a search of Internet sites listing victims, they settled on Robin Audiffred, a Brooklyn resident whose husband, James, was operating an elevator to the Windows on the World restaurant atop the World Trade Center on that fateful day. When Robin, 41, got Carolyn's call, she revealed that James, who was 38 when he died, had a passion: Maine lobster and lighthouses. "The first time we visited five years ago," recalls Robin, the benefits manager at a nonprofit agency, "he was hooked." The couple returned every summer afterward, taking their son Jason, 19, on four occasions.
The Brouillards, who spent three hours harvesting the cash, take the coincidence as proof they chose well. So does Robin, who plans to carry on the family's vacation tradition by visiting Dennett's Wharf. "I looked at the menu and said, 'I can't wait!' " she says. "It's definitely a place my husband would have loved."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!