Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's French Estate Chateau Miraval Is Not for Sale
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Ariel Winter Calls Out 'Complete Sexism' in Hollywood: 'It's Disgusting to Me'
- Multiple Injuries at New Jersey Commuter Station as Train Crashes into Station
- Princess Kate Channels Prince Charles (Yes, Prince Charles) on Canadian Tour
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 26
Owners of a Maine Lobster House Pull $12,000 from Their Ceiling for a Sept. 11 Widow
After a search of Internet sites listing victims, they settled on Robin Audiffred, a Brooklyn resident whose husband, James, was operating an elevator to the Windows on the World restaurant atop the World Trade Center on that fateful day. When Robin, 41, got Carolyn's call, she revealed that James, who was 38 when he died, had a passion: Maine lobster and lighthouses. "The first time we visited five years ago," recalls Robin, the benefits manager at a nonprofit agency, "he was hooked." The couple returned every summer afterward, taking their son Jason, 19, on four occasions.
The Brouillards, who spent three hours harvesting the cash, take the coincidence as proof they chose well. So does Robin, who plans to carry on the family's vacation tradition by visiting Dennett's Wharf. "I looked at the menu and said, 'I can't wait!' " she says. "It's definitely a place my husband would have loved."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!