Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bryan Cranston, Susan Lucci and More React to All My Children Creator Agnes Nixon's Death
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Donald Trump on Alicia Machado's Miss Universe Reign: 'I Saved Her Job'
- José Fernández's Pregnant Girlfriend Maria Arias Makes First Public Appearance Since His Death at Memorial Service
- Utah Man Allegedly Held Teen in Shed For Six Weeks, Forcing Her to Perform Sex Acts for Food and Water
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 24, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 26
After Northern Exposure, Cynthia Geary Opted for Motherhood Over Career
Which is why Geary, 36, who played ditzy teen waitress Shelly Tambo Vincoeur for six seasons on CBS's Northern Exposure, decided to remain in Washington State—a stand-in for the quirky show's Alaskan setting—when Exposure ended in 1995. Now she's content just to nest with her husband, Robert Coron, 39, a commercial real estate broker, and their 17-month-old daughter Olivia.
Not coincidentally the actress says her favorite moment on the show was when Shelly had a baby by her 40-years-older spouse, Holling (John Cullum). "That's the first time I ever started feeling maternal," she says. "I thought, 'Maybe this is something I want to do.' "
"I think she's getting more maternal, taking Olivia to play classes," says Coron, who met Geary on a blind date in L.A. in 1990 and married her four years later. For fun, the couple water ski and snowboard. "I kind of just like being normal," Geary says. Still, she has done occasional TV guest shots (The Outer Limits), and last year she optioned a novel that she hopes to produce as a movie someday. The title? Southern Exposure
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!