- Don Johnson and Melanie Griffith Reunite To Watch Daughter Dakota Host Saturday Night Live
- Little Girl with Tumor Has One Final Wish – to Dance with Taylor Swift
- Sofia Vergara Sees You Staring at Joe Manganiello – and She Loves It
- William Shatner Can't Attend Leonard Nimoy's Funeral: 'I Feel Really Awful'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- December 24, 2001
- Vol. 56
- No. 26
After Northern Exposure, Cynthia Geary Opted for Motherhood Over Career
Which is why Geary, 36, who played ditzy teen waitress Shelly Tambo Vincoeur for six seasons on CBS's Northern Exposure, decided to remain in Washington State—a stand-in for the quirky show's Alaskan setting—when Exposure ended in 1995. Now she's content just to nest with her husband, Robert Coron, 39, a commercial real estate broker, and their 17-month-old daughter Olivia.
Not coincidentally the actress says her favorite moment on the show was when Shelly had a baby by her 40-years-older spouse, Holling (John Cullum). "That's the first time I ever started feeling maternal," she says. "I thought, 'Maybe this is something I want to do.' "
"I think she's getting more maternal, taking Olivia to play classes," says Coron, who met Geary on a blind date in L.A. in 1990 and married her four years later. For fun, the couple water ski and snowboard. "I kind of just like being normal," Geary says. Still, she has done occasional TV guest shots (The Outer Limits), and last year she optioned a novel that she hopes to produce as a movie someday. The title? Southern Exposure
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!