Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Coco Rocha Welcomes Daughter — See Her First Photos!
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Pregnant Jessica Biel Heads to a Roller Rink for a Birthday Party (PHOTO)
- ALF's Series Finale Aired 25 Years Ago, but He Never Truly Left Us
- Tom Brady Gets Serious Air in Cliff Dive: 'Never Doing That Again' (VIDEO)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 21, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 2
Playing Once and Again's Troubled Teen Makes Evan Rachel Wood Smile
In her third season on Once, Wood is still pinching herself in disbelief that she gets "to play make-believe with totally intelligent people who are your best friends," she says. Yet she has been acting since age 5, encouraged by her mom, 43, an L.A. acting teacher, and father, Ira, 53, a theater director in Raleigh, N.C., who divorced in 1997. By then Evan (whose brother Ira, 16, also acts) had made her big-screen debut in 1996's Digging to China, followed by 1998's Practical Magic with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman. "That's when I had the idea that I'm not doing too badly here!" she says. Her Digging director, Timothy Hutton, endorsed her being cast in Once and Again in 1998.
Tutored on the set, Wood says she's too busy to date. (She and her teen ex-beau, Port Charles alum Robert D. Vito, "are just friends now," she says.) But she still finds time to make movies. Last year she played Al Pacino's daughter in Simone (to be released this year). Pacino "was so gracious" when they filmed scenes together, she says. "After his close-ups he'll look you straight in the eye and say, 'Thank you.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!