- Don't Mess with Olivia Munn! See Her Insane Tae Kwon Do Moves (VIDEO)
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Kate Mara's Dad Isn't Into Her Pixie Cut: 'I Texted Him, I Miss You, and He Responded, I Miss Your Hair!'
- Meryl Streep Says She Got a Guitar Lesson from Neil Young – and It Was Killer
- Louis Tomlinson Opens Up About Fatherhood as One Direction Performs New Single 'Drag Me Down' in Central Park
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
- January 28, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 3
Baby Blue Eyes
Taking a Cue from Grandpa Sinatra, Rocker AJ Lambert Strikes Up a Band
Lambert, 27, the daughter of Nancy Sinatra and her late husband, choreographer Hugh Lambert, also inherited her grandfather's passion for music, if not his choice of styles. Last fall her rock trio Rocket—which is rounded out by drummer Pat Murphy, 36, and guitarist-vocalist Matt Azzarto, 33, Lambert's boyfriend of two years—released its debut album, 7 Miles High, with Lambert on bass and vocals. "I think AJ is wise to not try and copy me or Grandpa," says mom Nancy, 61, who scored a No. 1 hit in 1966 with "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'." "She's her own person."
Raised in L.A. but now living in Sinatra's hometown of Hoboken, N.J., AJ (for Angela Jennifer) never doubted she would join the family business. As a teen she taught herself to play bass and drums and performed with local bands while getting a degree in screenwriting from the University of Southern California. "She likes to carry on family traditions," says her sister Amanda, 25, a painter and freelance photographer. Not that Lambert, who is helping compile a boxed set of her grandfather's movie music, due this spring, thinks he was a closet head-banger. "He wasn't a rock and roll fan at all," she says of Sinatra, who died in 1998 at age 82. "But I hope he'd be proud if he could see me now."
August 04, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!