Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: The Bachelorette's JoJo Fletcher Has a Panic Attack over Sending Home a Man She Loves – 'I'm Making a Mistake'
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- RHONY: Did LuAnn de Lesseps Know About Her Fiancé's 'Friends with Benefits' Relationship with Sonja Morgan?
- 'Middle-Class Joe' Biden Rips Into Donald Trump as 'A Bunch of Malarkey'
- How J.K. Rowling Has Tweaked With Her Own Harry Potter Canon – To The Delight (And Disdain!) of Fans
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 04, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 4
Angela Goethals, Macaulay Culkin's Sis in Home Alone, Aims for a Comeback After Choosing College Over Acting
Her next outing with Culkin—when she again played his big sister in the 1990 megahit Home Alone—made for happier memories. "He would do weird faces to the camera," she says. "One reminded me of a turtle—he would stretch out his mouth and clench his teeth."
But while Big Mac went on to short-lived superstardom, Goethals, now 24, returned to school, even turning down an offer to reprise her role in 1992's Home Alone 2. "I just saw acting as an afterschool activity," says Goethals, whose single mom, Rosalind, 43, a kindergarten teacher, raised her and sister Sara, now 23, in Manhattan. Apart from small theater, TV and film roles (she played an ice-skater in 1996's Jerry Maguire), Goethals's focus was getting an education. "She was a driven child," says Rosalind.
Now, with a 1999 bachelor's degree in French from Vassar, Goethals is trying to jump-start her career. She shares a one-bedroom Brooklyn apartment with boyfriend and fellow actor Russell Soder, 27. "I tend to be a pack rat; he's a minimalist," she says. "We're trying to make compromises." One thing they agree on: It beats living home alone.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!