Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Barack Obama Leads Tributes as Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Young Girl Breaks Down in Tears While Scolding Charlotte City Council in Aftermath of Protests
- How Will and Kate Are Spending a Kid-Free Night in Yukon During Their Canadian Tour
- Married at First Sight's Tom Wilson on Why He Was 'Crushed' By His Wife Lilly Vilchez
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 04, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 4
No Day at the Beach
For Elisha Cuthbert, the Kidnapped Teen on the Spy Drama 24, Every Second Counts
Nowadays it's on display on 24, the adrenaline-soaked spy drama in which she plays the abducted daughter of secret agent Kiefer Sutherland. Cuthbert, 19, brings a "perfect mix of innocence and sexuality" to the part, says series cocreator Robert Cochran. Adds her TV mom, Leslie Hope: "I could learn a few things from her about poise and self-possession."
Maybe determination too. The Calgary native—the oldest of three children of oil-industry executive Kevin, 44, and homemaker Patricia, 41—juggled high school classes, a role on the Nickelodeon spookfest Are You Afraid of the Dark? and a reporting gig on the Canadian news series Popular Mechanics for Kids. "She's so hardworking," says Patricia. "She never got into mischief."
But she's not all smooth self-assurance. "Bring up boys, and she will blush," says Hope. No matter, says the unattached Cuthbert, who spends most of her free time with friends, running or in-line skating at the beach near her two-bedroom L.A. apartment. "I don't have time for boys. I'm a little selfish right now. It's all about me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!