Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mila Kunis Displays Her Baby Bump at Bad Moms Premiere
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Khloé Kardashian Reveals She 'Hated' Doing Celebrity Apprentice, Says Donald Trump 'Would Not Make a Good President'
- Meryl Streep Gives Powerful Speech as Hillary Clinton Trumps Donald in Convention Star Power
- Ellen Pompeo Reveals Her Age Was the Reason She Stayed on Grey's Anatomy: 'I Knew My Clock Was Ticking in Hollywood'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 11, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 9
Be My Baby Now
A Month Ago Brandy, 23, Admitted She Got Married; Now She Says She'll Become a Mom in July
So is this term of affection: mom-to-be. On Feb. 21 Brandy revealed she and Smith, 22, are expecting a baby in July. "I've always wanted to be a mom at 23, 24ish, ever since I was a little girl," she says. "I'm right on schedule." Her just-beginning-to-show pregnancy hasn't deterred her from traveling worldwide to promote her new album, Full Moon, out March 5. "Now that the baby is coming, I will do a lot more balancing," she says. "I'm going to be a real mommy."
To prepare, she's poring over parenting books alongside Smith—who produced three songs on Full Moon under the guidance of his cousin, Brandy's longtime producer Rodney Jerkins—at their home outside Los Angeles. A vegetarian, she hired a personal chef to ensure she gets nutrition for two. "She's very mature for her age," says Warren Hutcherson, an executive producer of her recently canceled sitcom Moesha. "A lot of [showbiz] people are wild and crazy, but not Brandy."
So why all the secrecy? (She's still mum about the details.) "It was kind of fun, everyone speculating and wondering," Brandy says. The star has been media-leery, says Daniels, since her 1999 hospitalization for dehydration sparked rumors of trouble. Even her mother and manager, Sonja Norwood, 51, got the nuptial news after the fact, he adds—but no hard feelings. "It's her first grandchild, so she's really, really, really excited," says Brandy. "I guess my mom is a little more stressed out than me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!