Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 01, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 12
Hitting the Skids
Racing Hero Jeff Gordon and His Wife, Brooke, Seem Headed for a Permanent Pit Stop
In filing for divorce in Florida's Palm Beach County, Brooke described her marriage as "irretrievably broken" by Jeff's unspecified "marital misconduct." (So far, he has not addressed the charge.) Racing's golden couple, the Gordons have no children but will need to sort through a bundle of assets: Brooke is seeking sole use of their 23,095-sq.-ft., $9 million home in Florida's Highland Beach, as well as alimony payments, the Porsche and Mercedes and use of their Falcon 200 airplane. Brooke also wants Jeff, 30, to keep paying for their housekeepers and chef.
Now staying with a friend, Jeff met Brooke Sealey in Daytona International Speedway's victory lane after a qualifying win in 1993; she was the stunning model who handed the handsome rookie his trophy. They were married in 1994 and did "everything together," Jeff told PEOPLE in 1997. "We have a great life."
But eyebrows raised this month when for the first time Brooke did not attend one of Jeff's races. Brooke "tried to preserve the marriage in every way possible," her attorney Jeffrey D. Fisher said in a statement. But it was not to be. Clearly, things had changed dramatically from the time that Jeff, in 1997, said, "Sometimes [women] tell Brooke how fortunate she is. And I'll say, 'No, I'm the fortunate one.' "
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!