Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- William and Kate Are Set to Hit the Phones With Traders For Charity
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- This Man Developed a Stutter and Uncontrollable Twitch After a Bad Reaction to Ecstasy: 'I Am Lucky to be Alive'
- Owners Let Their Dog Film Their Wedding Video — and It's 'Magical'
- You'll Never Guess the 5 Things Brett Eldredge Is Most Thankful for This Year!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 01, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 12
Hitting the Skids
Racing Hero Jeff Gordon and His Wife, Brooke, Seem Headed for a Permanent Pit Stop
In filing for divorce in Florida's Palm Beach County, Brooke described her marriage as "irretrievably broken" by Jeff's unspecified "marital misconduct." (So far, he has not addressed the charge.) Racing's golden couple, the Gordons have no children but will need to sort through a bundle of assets: Brooke is seeking sole use of their 23,095-sq.-ft., $9 million home in Florida's Highland Beach, as well as alimony payments, the Porsche and Mercedes and use of their Falcon 200 airplane. Brooke also wants Jeff, 30, to keep paying for their housekeepers and chef.
Now staying with a friend, Jeff met Brooke Sealey in Daytona International Speedway's victory lane after a qualifying win in 1993; she was the stunning model who handed the handsome rookie his trophy. They were married in 1994 and did "everything together," Jeff told PEOPLE in 1997. "We have a great life."
But eyebrows raised this month when for the first time Brooke did not attend one of Jeff's races. Brooke "tried to preserve the marriage in every way possible," her attorney Jeffrey D. Fisher said in a statement. But it was not to be. Clearly, things had changed dramatically from the time that Jeff, in 1997, said, "Sometimes [women] tell Brooke how fortunate she is. And I'll say, 'No, I'm the fortunate one.' "
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!