Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 22, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 15
After Quitting The Early Show, Bryant Gumbel Dreams of Having No Cause for Alarm
For his part Gumbel, 53, says his resignation is "something I've been batting around all year long." He denies it had anything to do with The Early Show's stubbornly low ratings (its 2.7 million viewers lag far behind Today's 6.3 million and Good Morning America's 4.8 million) or with CBS's seemingly waning enthusiasm for his talents. One insider heard that the network hadn't yet offered Gumbel a raise on his $5 million annual salary. "It was not a competitive or economic decision," Gumbel says. "I just want to enjoy my life."
And share it too. In December—four months after his divorce from wife June, 53, was finalized—he proposed to longtime girlfriend Hilary Quinlan, 42, a former Goldman Sachs analyst turned model. The two plan to wed later this year, although "I wouldn't be surprised if they eloped," says Early Show reporter Laurie Hibberd. Meanwhile Gumbel—a father of two—will focus on his other TV gig, hosting HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel. "He's in the perfect place," says HBO Sports president Ross Greenburg. "There's no need to get up at 3:30 a.m. , and he has time to hit the links and enjoy his summer."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!