Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Ben & Jen's Final Days Together in the Bahamas
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker Preview The Boris and Nicole Show: 'We'll Be Naked Most of the Time'
- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner's Emotional Post-Split Vacation
- Scrapbooking & Scoring Winning Goals: 5 Things to Know About World Cup Hero Carli Lloyd
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 22, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 15
On the Education of Max Bickford, Katee Sackhoff Learns from An Acting Pro: TV Dad Richard Dreyfuss
And a tutor—in the art of cinema. "She told me she never saw black-and-white movies," says a bemused Dreyfuss. "I told her she was missing out and gave her a list of films she had to see." Like a dutiful daughter, Sackhoff, 22, has been renting her way through such classics as Casablanca and On the Waterfront in the Manhattan studio apartment she shares with her mixed breed Meatball.
With her own parents—Dennis, 54, a Portland, Ore., land developer, and Mary, 55, a coordinator for an English-as-a-second-language program—Katee, who has two older siblings, is more assertive. At 18, shortly after her 1998 TV-movie debut in Lifetime's Fifteen and Pregnant and fresh out of high school, "she told us she was going to Hollywood whether we helped her or not," says Mary. After landing a role in the upcoming Halloween: Resurrection, Sackhoff tried out last year as Nell, Max's sassy rock-singer daughter. Nell's nonconformity has rubbed off. Sackhoff, who is single, shoots pool and sports tattoos (including the Japanese symbol for "choice") recently painted her apartment dark blue. "It was too bright," she explains. "The landlord is gonna shoot me."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!