Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Meet Korea's Biggest Hearthrob Lee Min Ho (His Perfect Day Off Includes a Ton of Sleeping!)
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Tinsley Mortimer Finalizes Deal with Ex to Have Case Dismissed After Trespassing Arrest: 'She Can Finally Move On with Her Life,' Source Says
- Teen with Cancer Marries High School Sweetheart from Hospital Bed: 'Love Is Still Possible'
- Ellen Page Is Impressed By Her Girlfriend's DIY Skills: 'She's Pretty Much Good At All Things'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 22, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 15
Henry the Mule Brings Home the Bacon—Along with the Rest of the Groceries
Now, thanks to a multitasking mule named Henry, Riser doesn't have to worry. Twice a month she gets her groceries hauled to her door and—when Henry feels the need—her rose beds get fertilized too. "Henry," she declares, "is the answer."
It's a common sentiment in the town of 18,000, where the 14-year-old mule is a fixture at store openings and fairs and has a lock on donkey parts in church pageants. And Henry works cheap—an apple or a carrot per delivery, coupled with a small donation to the Operation Henry Trust, through which owner David Snelling has raised more than $15,000 for research into cancer, which killed his father.
A retired financial adviser, Snelling, 59, bought Henry in 1998 for $1,400 and began his delivery runs in April 2000. "Henry enjoys working," says Snelling. "When I see him at 8 a.m., he looks at me saying, 'Where are we going today, Dad?' He has tremendous stamina." Snelling's wife, Jill, 57, however, wishes he would make just one more delivery a week: to bring home the Snellings' own groceries. Alas, "no such luck," she says. "It's me. In the car."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!