Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Caitlyn Jenner was 'Disgusted' by Her Masculine 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Underdog Marcus Willis to Face Roger Federer After Stunning Wimbledon Win, Credits Girlfriend for Convincing Him Not to Quit
- Johnny Depp Gives First Public Interview Since Amber Heard Divorce Explodes
- WATCH: Dave Franco and Emma Roberts Strip Down for an Adventurous Game of Truth or Dare in Exclusive Nerve Clip
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 29, 2002
- Vol. 57
- No. 16
As Ally McBeal's Coretta Lipp, Regina Hall Wins on Appeal
Instead, Hall, 31, was so convincing as strait-laced attorney Coretta Lipp that series creator David E. Kelley made her a regular last fall. Stepping into a courtroom, however, has been less of a change than stepping into what Hall calls her character's "hot" designer suits. "I prefer jeans and T-shirts," she says. That's hardly news to Hall's costars. "Coretta," says Greg Germann, 44, who plays lawyer Richard Fish, "is a bit buttoned-down, but it's all we can do to keep Regina from dancing on the tables!"
The youngest of three children raised in Washington, D.C., by a contractor and a teacher, Hall became enamored of acting after seeing The Exorcist when she was 3. "I came home and said in this raspy voice, 'Mommy, I'm possessed!' " Hall says. But it wasn't until after she earned a 1997 master's in journalism from New York University that she decided to take drama classes. Within two years she had leaped from a McDonald's commercial to big-screen roles that ranged from a stripper in The Best Man to a terrified teen in the Scary Movie films.
But there's one role that Hall—who for the past year has been dating Damien Wayans, 22, a comedy writer for My Wife and Kids (starring his uncle Damon)—thinks she'll never play: that of a singer on the musical Ally set. "I haven't been allowed!" she says. "David [E. Kelley] must have planted a bug in my shower."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!